Moving Families Intiative - Scholarship Plan
Moving Families Foundation, Inc.
If you are age 19 and younger, and move or relocate with your parents or legal guardian to a new home as part of a “Confirmed Move,” as defined by the Moving Families Foundation’s guidelines, you are eligible to receive a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship totaling your first year's participation fees after your move up to a maximum amount of $500.00, if you meet the plan’s selection criteria. “Confirmed Move” defined for eligibility purposes
Whether children’s parents or legal guardian (by court order) is a renter or homeowner, the following must be present as part of a “Confirmed Move” for eligibility purposes to receive a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship:
- As part of their move to a new home, children’s parents or legal guardian must be registered at the Moving Families Initiative® Connectivity Platform™ AND the Moving Families Foundation™ *[Extracurricular Activities Scholarship Interest Form] prior to the move-in date specified in their rental or lease agreement if they are a renter; or prior to their close of escrow date if they are a purchaser.
- For renters, children’s parents or legal guardian must have a signed rental or lease agreement (verified by the Moving Families Foundation™) for the new rental property they are moving into. For eligibility purposes, the children and their parents or legal guardian must move into the home for the move to be considered a “Confirmed Move.”
- For homeowners, children’s parents or legal guardian must have a signed purchase agreement (verified by the Moving Families Foundation™) for the new home they are moving into. For eligibility purposes, the children and their parents or legal guardian must move into their new home for the move to be considered a “Confirmed Move.”
To qualify for a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship, participant must:
- Have their parents or legal guardian’s “Confirmed Move” verified by the Moving Families Initiative® Connectivity Platform™ and the Moving Families Foundation™.
- Be registered and enrolled in an age appropriate school of their choice (Elementary to high school) if they are of school age.
- Maintain their respective school’s minimum qualification standards.
- Maintain a good disciplinary record.
- Participate in an activity of their choice, for which they receive the scholarship.
The following are among the criteria used in the selection process:
- Confirmation of your move to a new home with your parents or legal guardian.
- Maintain minimum academic standards at your school, if applicable.
- Commitment to learning combined with strong character as evident in your determination to set goals and the perseverance to remain focused on achieving them in the face of obstacles or barriers (Age appropriate).
- Commitment to serving others as evident by your participation in volunteering in school, religious, or community activities (Age appropriate).
- Commitment to growing in your leadership and positively impact others in school and in other areas, such as family, arts, sports, community, etc. (Age appropriate).
Which Activity to Choose
Participating in extracurricular activities as young children teaches values, life skills and builds character. It also provides children with an opportunity to create new friendships in a natural free flowing way, especially when they move or relocate to a new school or community.
Which activity to choose is completely up to you and your child; what's most important is participation!
- Find contact information for many top extracurricular activity organizations and programs.
Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholar Plan
Yes, you must apply, separately from any application or information provided to Moving Families Initiative® to move or relocate.When does the application period begin, and what is the deadline?
The application period opens on the day applicant moves into their new home with their parents or legal guardian as part of a “Confirmed Move.”
- For renters, the application period ends on the one-year anniversary date of the parents or legal guardian’s rental or lease agreement of their “Confirmed Move.”
- For homeowners, application period ends on the one-year anniversary date of the parents or legal guardian closed escrow on the home of their “Confirmed Move.”
Are there any costs or fees associated with applying for Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarships?
No, there are no costs.
If there are more than one eligible applicant in the household, are they all eligible to apply?
Yes, all eligible applicants in the household of a “Confirmed Move” may apply.
Am I eligible to apply if I am home-schooled?
Yes, home-schooled students are eligible to apply.
Am I eligible to apply if I have a diagnosed learning difference?
Yes, if you meet the other selection criteria, you are eligible to apply.
Am I eligible to apply if I am not a U.S. citizen?
Yes, however, you must reside in the United States or a U.S. territory and meet all the other selection criteria.
Is an applicant required to participant in extracurricular activities?
Yes, each applicant is required to participate in an extracurricular activity or activities of their choice.
If an applicant participates in more than one extracurricular activity, are scholarships available for each one?
No, recipients are only eligible for one Moving Families Extracurricular Activity Scholarship per “Confirmed Move.”
Do I need to provide an official school transcript?
Yes, you will need to provide your most recent transcript when you apply, if applicable.
If applicant move again after having received an extracurricular activity scholarship, are they eligible to receive another one?
Recipients are eligible to receive one Moving Families Extracurricular Activity Scholarship every five years, date to date of their parents or legal guardian’s “Confirmed Move.”
Who do I contact with questions regarding the scholarship application process?
For questions about the application process, or scholarship, and eligibility email: email@example.com
Will I be liable for taxes on the scholarship?
A portion of the scholarship may be considered taxable by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Scholarships recipients are responsible for determining tax liability for the scholarship, and for reporting the taxable portions of their scholarship as income. See your accountant or CPA for details.
Am I allowed to receive other scholarships or grants and still qualify for a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship ?
Yes, there are no restrictions, however that only applies to the Moving Families Foundation™.
How I am affected if I am a student, or a student-athlete holding college scholarship offers from different colleges or Universities?
If you are holding a full or partial scholarship offer from a college or University, you MAY or MAY NOT be prohibited from receiving any other scholarships or financial aid from any other source, other than that school. You are advised to check with the school you hold the scholarship offer from to confirm.
How will I receive my Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship?
Scholarship amounts are sent directly to your extracurricular activity organization, or school.
How much does the Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship Plan offer?
Qualified recipients will receive a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship totaling the amount of their participation fees up to a maximum amount of $500.00.
If I receive a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship, what is expected of me?
The Moving Families Foundation® expects scholarship recipients to:
- Act with personal integrity.
- Demonstrate honorable character and leadership.
- Maintain a good disciplinary record.
- Be engaged in their community.
- Work jointly and cordially with Moving Families Foundation® and their extracurricular activity organization staff.
Why did I receive an invitation to apply for a Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship?
You moved or relocated with your parents or legal guardian. Thus, many families receive our invitations because they indicated they would like to receive information on Moving Families Extracurricular Activities Scholarship opportunities.
Let's Find Your Dream Home!
Debbi and her team are available to give you a real-time remote tour of the property that peaks your interest! Call, or fill in the form bellow.
Debbi Hester is a MFI PREFERRED
Real Estate Agent
LICENSED IN TEXAS